I work as Senior Researcher in the Language Technology lab at the University of Helsinki, Department of Digital Humanities, on leave from the French CNRS. I do research in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing. My interests include data-driven semantic analysis, paraphrasing, text summarization and simplification, and cross-lingual knowledge transfer. My research addresses both theoretical and application-oriented aspects of Semantics. It ranges from explorations on the nature of automatically acquired meaning representations and their adequacy for automatic processing, to the integration of semantic models in NLP applications and automatic evaluation metrics, aiming to improve their performance and increase their correlation with human quality judgments. I hold an adjunct appointment in the Computer and Information Science Department at the University of Pennsylvania. I am also an associate researcher in the NLP group of the Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Senior Area Chair for Lexical Semantics at EACL 2021.
- I am Program Chair for the 9th Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics with Manaal Faruqui (Google Assistant). *SEM 2020 will be collocated with COLING on Dec, 12-13.
- I co-organize Deep Learning Inside Out (DeeLIO): The First Workshop on Knowledge Extraction and Integration for Deep Learning Architectures with Eneko Agirre (University of the Basque Country) and Ivan Vulić (University of Cambridge). DeeLIO will be collocated with EMNLP 2020 on Nov, 19.
- I serve as Area Chair for Lexical Semantics at ACL 2020 and EMNLP 2020.
- Area Chair for Word-level Semantics at ACL 2019.
- Area Chair for Lexical Semantics at EMNLP-IJCNLP 2019.
- Area Chair for Multilinguality at *SEM 2019.
- From 2016 to 2019, I was co-chair of the SemEval International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation. SemEval-2017: ACL, Vancouver, Canada; SemEval-2018: NAACL/HLT, New Orleans, Louisiana; SemEval-2019: NAACL/HLT, Minneapolis.
- 2016-2020: PI of the MULTISEM: Advanced models for multilingual semantic processing project funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR) Young Researcher Program (JCJC). Duration: 42 months.
- Member of the SIGLEX (ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon) Advisory Board (2016—).